Tuesday 2 February 2010

Wow, it's been nearly a month, I'm sorry!

I had exams!
hmm, here's what I'm liking at the moment: The new Blood Red Shoes single, Light it Up, which will be released on the 22nd Feb!



I also love a band called Beach House, here's there song 'Zebra', it's a beautiful! They are from Baltimore in Maryland :)



This weekend I went up to a gig at one of my favourite venues, The Box, in Crewe and I saw a band called Violet Violet. The hail from Norwich and are friends with Kids Love Lies and The Kabeedies, who I have also mentioned before. I've never really understood why they never seem to get much recognition, they're brilliant. They're a fierce female two piece with lots energy. Here's their myspace page Their album, This City is Full of Beasts is out now!

I'm also really liking a new American band called 'Yeasayer', I'm sure you will have heard of them if you tune in to Zane Lowe, Nick Grimshaw or Huw Stephens on Radio1, Their album is out this week, I really want it! They write beautiful pop that uses all kinds of wierd synth sounds...
Here's their single Ambling Alp:



Also out this week- Hollywood by Marina and the Diamonds (download it for just 49p here)

Albums: Romance is Boring by Los Campesinos!- It's brilliant

Recent albums: Alcoyte by Delphic- I really, really want it, I already have a few track off it though, great stuff, their music is very close to perfection for me! Fly Yellow Moon by Fyfe Dangerfield ( I've spotified it, heart warming stuff from the former Guillemots frontman) & Contra by Vampire Weekend- I have it, it's great, it transports you to a sunny place!


I'll try and write sooner next time!

Katie x

No comments: