Wednesday 23 June 2010

Things that I've fallen in love with recently:

The New Perfume Genius Album- Learning

It's one of the most beautiful things I think I've heard since I first discovered Bon Iver, yes, it's that sickeningly beautiful! I can't even believe I only found out about this band last weekend when Rebecca from Slow Club tweeted a link to the album. You can stream the album on spotify, via my playlist here.


Lost Fiction

There seems to be a new form of indie pop around. It's less energetic and more melancholic, reflective and tugs on the heart strings a little more. It's already been seen in emerging bands like Yuck, Babeshadow and more established bands like The Pains of Being Pure at Heart and Bombay Bicycle Club. Check out their myspace page for more info.


Download their demo of their song 'Time' here


David Lyre's Marina and the Diamonds Cover

With his extraordinary covers that have the ability to completely change a song and showcase a songs inner meaning, this man's caught the attention of many music journalists recently. Here's why:



You can also download it for free here


Spark- Shut out the Moon (Monsieur Adi Remix)

Fresh from a tour with Marina & the Diamonds, 18 year old, East London raised singer 'Spark' releases her first ever single 'Shut out the Moon' in July on Puregroove Records. Here's the fantastic Monsieur Adi Remix, which I've had on repeat all week!

Spark - Shut Out The Moon (Monsieur Adi Remix) by Pure Groove


Bisous,

Katie
X

No comments: