Saturday 6 June 2009

a little update on what I'm loving right now...

First of all, this:



I've loved Paloma for a while now, like a year possibly? Can't believe I haven't menioned her yet, she's brilliant! Simply brilliant!
I'm loving her new single and I'm really pleased that she's finally getting some exposure!


The second band which I want to mention are 'Magistrates.' They supported La Roux on the radar tour which she's just done and their first single (it was out a couple of weeks ago) 'Heartbreak' is an absolute tune. They're quite electropop, check them out!

The next band are hotly tipped my Zane Lowe and Huw Stephens for big things, they're called Everything Everything and their new single Photoshop handsome is wonderfully quirky, check it out here: http://www.myspace.com/everythingeverythinguk

Another band which I heard whilst listening to Zane was 'The Phenomenal Handclap band. It's impossible not to sing and dance along to their new single 15 to 20! They've got a distinctive CSS influence


Also has anyone heard the new Rumble Strips song? Amazing, is it not? I love it dearly.

I'm also listening to 'Rivals' by Theatrical girl, it's a really hauntingly catchy
electro pop song, listen to it here: http://www.myspace.com/iamtheoreticalgirl


And the final band which I'm going to mention is 'Dear Reader,' they're very different to everything that I've mentioned in this blog so far. They're from Johannesburg and their music's really, really sweet. check it out here: http://www.myspace.com/dearreadermusic

Well, that's all for now, have a great week,

Katie
xxxxx

No comments: